Tuesday, February 17, 2009

PBR Drawing Contest


This isn't Argentina related, but equally as exciting.  Yesterday I found out my drawing submission was chosen as a finalist for the Pabst Blue Ribbon art contest... a dream come true.   There were 4 categories to submit work:  drawing/painting, sculpture, photography and creative writing.  There were 5 finalists picked from each category.  Out of the 5, one will receive 1893 dollars (the number is significant to the year Pabst won the blue ribbon) and a years worth of beer.  There is one runner up in each section that will take home a third of all that.  And the 3 honorable mentions will score a $250 dollar check.  My cousin Paul has been kind enough to handle sending the drawing in.  And a special shout out to his wife Ashley for telling me about the contest and convincing me that I could win us all free beer.  I'll find out if I scored more cash and free beer in about 4 weeks... keep your fingers crossed for me.  

Here is the drawing titled "A Wild Ride".  If you've ever drank PBR you know what I'm talking about.  It's kind of small on the blog but I think you can get the gist.  

1 comment:

  1. Congatuations on making it to the finals! I'm so proud of you! This drawing always makes me laugh (the shark really does it for me). I hope you win so that many other people can get a smile from your work as I have.

    Thomas

    ReplyDelete