Monday, February 23, 2009

Going to Patagonia

For the last week or so I've put most my energy into organizing for the future.  It has been mostly a combination of research and preparation into a 3 three week trip to Patagonia paired with my realization that I'll be at the UW for printmaking this fall.   Of course that realization did come with a little celebrating.  (This post is also a heads up that I won't be blogging for the next three weeks) 

The trip to Patagonia has been in the planning stage for several months now and this Wednesday the trek will begin.  My cousin Joe and I will be traveling with a loose outline that will allow for spontaneous exploring of one of the most beautiful parts of our planet.  We are flying to the southern most city in the world, Ushuaia (pronounced OO-shwhy-a), and from there we'll work our way north along the Andes up to the city of Bariloche, Argentina.  It's possible that we will go in and out Chile from Argentina more than once on this trip seeing that we will be near the border the whole time.  We are looking forward to some amazing hiking in the Torres del Paine National Park, white water rafting in Argentina/Chile, the glaciers of El Calafate, trout fishing in the legendary rivers of the south and cruising around the Tierra del Fuego... among other possibilities.

I'll be bringing a travel journal as well as my trusty camera to document this trip.  I look forward to sharing the experience with all of you when I return.  Enjoy the next three weeks.      

No comments:

Post a Comment