Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nothing Beats Clean Clothes


MY BAGS ARE IN!!!!  And to my surprise nothing was broken!  I know many of you were concerned if my jars of mustard and bbq sauce successfully made the five day trip.  Unfortunately customs confiscated one of my printmaking supplies... the asphaltum.  I figured they would for sure take my 100 pack of razor blades or my bottle of liquid grease for drawing.  I can live without the asphaltum.   So to celebrate the successful smuggling of lithography related contraband, I went to an outdoor percussion concert with my roommates.  
      
La Bomba en Tiempo

There is no better way to start a Monday night than going to see La Bomba at the Konex.  Thousand upon thousands of people fill up this open air abandoned factory type venue to groove until about ten.  Beer is sold for 15 pesos (a little less than 5 bucks) a liter.  Pricey for Argentina but a deal by US standards.  The concert was great with pumping energy and enthusiastic fans.  After the show we made our way to a small bar hosting a tango concert.  The night ended with the five of us chowing down on a delicious Peruvian feast.

Wednesday I met with my amazing Argentine friends Lorena and Matias for dinner at their apartment/ printmaking studio, AB UNO.  On my first trip to Argentina I produced a series of four lithographs at AB UNO with their help and expertise.  The experience was incredible and Lorena and Matias were the biggest reason why I came back to this city.  I'm really looking forward to working them during the next four months.    


Lorena made a pizza that was absolutely unbeatable.  The entire pie was homemade with a special eggplant topping that melted in my mouth with deliciousness.  We discussed plans for the future over drinks and dinner.  On Monday we'll start with some ambitious and fun projects from the new Tamarind book of techniques for fine art lithography.  Who knows what else we'll get into.    


We talked and listened to Jazz, Tengo and Iron Maiden on their porch until 2 in the morning.  I took the always reliable 24 bus home just like old times (even though they raised the price to 1.25 pesos).   It is a dream to be back in Argentina with my friends.    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment